Friday, December 9, 2011

Snowman Soup

Here's a little carton that I made to hold the ingredients for 'Snowman Soup' for a sick friend. She's a super cute snowlady featuring the beautiful new Blushing Bride Rouched Satin Ribbon and the Fancy Favour Die.


I've had a lot of traffic on this one so I'm adding some details to the original post:

I cut out a scrap of Basic Black on one segment of the Fancy Favour Die to make the top hat and the brim is a rectangle of scrap Basic Black CS as well. The eyes are punched with my Crop-O-Dile and the nose was cut from a scrap of Ice Cream Parlour DSP from last year's Sale-A-Bration. I've had a lot of people ask me about the blushing cheeks and all I did was take a sponge dauber with Blushing Bride ink and very very softly rub the ink on with a small, circular motion of my wrist.

I have used non SU wire for the holder by punching two tiny circles with my handheld 1/16" punch, running the wire through on both sides and twisting it back around itself. The finishing touch was a Sizzlit Snowflakes #2 die cut that is attached with a little piece of a Dimensional and topped with a pretty Basic Pearl.

You can't see the tag in the photo but it is stamped with one of the Four Frames stamps and I have written 'Snowman Soup' in cute little letters. I took this photo before I filled it, but in case you were wondering, my recipe is below:

Snowman Soup:
1 Packet Hot Cocoa (I use Land O Lakes)
2 Mini Candy Canes
1 Lindor Peppermint Truffle
1 Small Handful of Mini Marshmallows

Not included in box is 1 1/2 boiling cups of either Milk or Water.

Mix all ingredients except marshmallows together until dissolved, then add marshmallows to garnish and enjoy!

Cheers!

PS This will probably be my only post for this weekend unless I magically get some time between heats and finals at the Christmas Cracker meet this weekend, sorry!

http://mycraftyworld.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-crafty-picks-46.html

4 comments:

  1. He is too stinkin' cute!! I will be featuring him on My Crafty Picks #46 with a link back to your blog on 12-11-11. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Thanks and take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiffany! I always love checking out your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic project! This will be on my inspiration blog post tomorrow. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Kim, I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...